Friday, May 17, 2013

There and back again...

 
I've been home a little over 24 hours.
 Looking back at these photos brings it all back.
The above photo is a little town we "discovered": 
Wallace, Idaho.
We loved it there. Can you see why?
Phil and Walker actually stayed there on the way home.
At the Stardust Motel!

 
We made a stop at Pompey's Pillar.
In Montana
William Clark wrote his name on the sandstone rock there
and its still there for us to see.
A nice volunteer guide took our photo.
That's the Yellowstone River in the background.

 
North Dakota: T. Roosevelt's cabin
 
 
In Chicago we got stuck in a traffic jam.
It was more interesting when we noticed the name on the mudflaps and tank!
 

 
Getting into Michigan territory.
It's very pretty.

 
Almost to Hillsdale here.
We took a scenic drive the last two hours.
Lovely little towns.
 
Our home computer is acting up and I can only post the horizontal photos I took.
Makes it interesting.
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Road trips are the best. I remember Wallace, ID from a trip I took years ago. Beautiful spot. It boasted the last stop light on I-90 until the early 90's when the freeway was re-routed, bypassing the town. It would appear the town has found a way to survive....

    ReplyDelete