Sunday, July 8, 2012

It finally feels like summer!

I love this hydrangea that is blooming in front of the house.


 So, why don't I work outside when the weather is finally beautiful?
 I'm afraid I don't want to dig that deep into my subconscious.
 Here is what I did instead:

I started with an overwhelming urge to reorganize my pantry.  That turned into reorganizing nearly everything in my kitchen!  I worked at it ALL day and FILLED my garbage can (the outside one!)

I got rid of a bunch of stuff that was never going to be used, and reorganized the rest.  I put the baking items in my double turntable above.  That freed up some space.  I organized the food around the edges, leaving the front centers more open for the things I use on a daily basis (salt, pepper, sugar bowl, etc.).  I even found room for cookbooks.  I have a ton of cookbooks, and put the ones I use most in the pantry for easy access.  I had a glass cutting board I don't use much anymore and put it on a shelf to place the syrup, ketchup, oils - all the gooey stuff.

I was happy with my progress. 

You may wonder if I was avoiding some other job.

You might be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment