Sunday, January 22, 2012

See who missed the daddy cat? Our cat is not an affectionate, lap sitting, purring kind of cat. She has become more tolerant over the years, but she still doesn't like to be picked up, or told what to do. So, when she decides to perch precariously on the knee of the daddy cat, I think she is saying she's glad he's home. The picture is fuzzy because she is purring so hard.

Next are some photos I have promised of my studio organization... First, I took this little desk out of my studio, and put it at the end of the hallway. I think it looks really cute here and it is holding my letter writing things. Yes, I do occasionally write a letter!
I think I actually have room to set up my sewing machine in this room now.
This shelf area is one of the first things I did, and I think one of my favorites too...
The top shelf is little books with things I may tear out, or use in some way in art journals...
The middle shelf is all my empty journals...
The bottom shelf is my journals that I am working on,
even if there are only one or two pages filled.
My studio is by no means finished, but I have decided to forget cuteness and go for practicality. I have set up my main work area - desk, tools, supplies, etc. all within pretty easy reach from my chair.
This is actually two smallish desks, one in front of the other. I was going to go out and buy a 5 ft table, but since I couldn't get out because of the weather, I decided to try this, and I may like it better. Like I said, more practicality and less cute.
***
I will be babysitting tomorrow. I haven't seen little Wyatt in two weeks! He is crawling now and I bet I have a busy day ahead. I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun room to be in! It's just begging for projects! :)

    Love you Grandma! I can't wait to see you in May!!!

    Love,
    Tirzah

    ReplyDelete