Saturday, June 23, 2012

Not a day for garage sales.

Thrift Store Finds


I don't seem to have much luck at garage sales, but at my usual thrift store haunts, I usually find something.  I bought the above Gotz 18" doll for $4.99. Just a little something for my "grandma's toy box".  The chair she is sitting on is one I bought in Minnesota at a garage sale. $2 I think.

 ...and I found this little elephant for Wyatt.  Its about 6" tall, my big boys are enchanted with it and can't stop handling it and making elephant noises.  Hopefully the baby will think its cool too.
and I bought a couple of summer outfits for Miss Tori.  I had to leave the tags on because I'm not sure of her size.  But I figure Monday morning we'll have a little fashion show and anything that doesn't fit we can take back.  I do know some of her favorite brands (for example "Justice") and I know she doesn't like anything ordinary. 

Today was not a day for garage sales anyway - it rained (hard) most of the day.  This afternoon did turn sunny though, about 5:00 p.m.

3 comments:

  1. The doll is so pretty! I hope Tori likes the clothes! So brave of you to try and buy for her!! I linked you up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the doll...and the chair! Seems like MN has the best garage sales in the world!!!!! Maybe all us garage sale lovers should crash land in MN during garage sale season...teee-hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine I would EVER be so lucky to find dolls like you do at my local thrift stores. I've tried!

    ReplyDelete