Wednesday, June 20, 2012

This week's vegetables

Vegetables!


This week I have a few veggies left over.  I will use them though!  I think I'll chop, saute, and freeze everything that's left for a future vegetable soup.  Radishes are always a problem.  What can you do with them, other than eat them raw or put them in a salad? I do have a recipe for roasting them. Maybe I'll try that with my next batch.Or maybe I should give them to my mom and dad. I think they would eat them up.

We have eaten a lot of salads this week.  I like to make a salad with mixed greens, including spinach and arugula, and then add shredded mozzarella or Parmesan and chopped salami, dressing and a few croutons on top.  I remember how much I missed the salads when the greens stopped coming last year.

I made a pretty yummy fried rice one night with bok choy, garlic scapes, and garlic I still have left over from last year's CSA. I get just enough garlic to last one year!

But my best dish was this:  PASTA WITH SPINACH,WALNUTS, & CHEESE

1 T olive oil
3 slices bacon
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch spinach + one chopped baby zucchini + chopped bok choy
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

I sauteed all of the above together (bacon first til it was crispy) then added the rest. I had some sun dried tomatoes I threw in at the last minute too.

meanwhile I cooked thin spaghetti;
I drained the spaghetti, added a bit of olive oil, then the above vegetable mix. 
Then I added one half cup of grated Parmesan cheese.

Toss it all with a little salt and pepper; pile it on a plate with a touch more Parmesan.

It was so good I forgot to take a picture. Maybe next week. I think I'll make it again.

2 comments:

  1. The spinach pasta sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give them away! Give them away! Nasty little buggers! lol Mike likes them, but he's the only one at our house! Your painting is so eye-catching! I love it!

    ReplyDelete