Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday at my house

Friday I got outside and took a few photos around the house. My Rhododendrons are mostly beginning to fade out.  They really brighten our place up this time of year.  I decided I better grab some photos before it was too late...


Today, among other things, Phil mounted the photo ledges I have been working on for months.  Not steadily of course.  First I had to find some at thrift stores, then I painted them to match the wall. Naturally they were all dark colors and it took many many coats of paint to cover it.  We needed special hardware too.  It was not without problems, so I'm so glad Phil is so patient and capable in projects like this!
This will be my grandchildren gallery.  I have been collecting black frames to place on the ledges for a few months too  I have photos in some of them, but not all yet.  There isn't room for as many as I thought there would be! I may have to have a rotation going at all times. 

Walker is continuing on his bread-making project. 
 Here he is stirring some bread up for our dinner.
The finished product!  This is the one we didn't eat! Delicious.
And another flower from my garden.
I think this is Oxalis. 
 It has leaves that look like clover, and pretty little flowers.


2 comments:

  1. As much as I admire your drawing talents, I am compelled to smell your flower photos. If you are a competition kind of gal, the rhodie image is very striking. Your friend, former president of the Olympia Camera Club and photo judge at the Thurston County Fair (albeit a loooooooong time ago).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so tell me again where exactly you put those shelves? I love them! So nice looking! Yeah PHIL! Do you need some wallet size photos? I'm planning on taking the kids for pictures sometime next week. I need to update my wall too!

    Walker's BREAD looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete