Today I picked up my last CSA share from Kirsop Farms.
It was loaded with goodies:
Onions, carrots, bell peppers, beets
cauliflower, celeriac, lettuce, squash, parsnips, scallions
And it was a most beautiful day! The lighting was JUST RIGHT.
Wyatt and I strolled the market and Percival landing and the gardens.
The market wasn't very busy, you can see things are slowing down.
From now on I believe the market is only open on the weekends.
It is a bittersweet moment.
The end of my boxes of vegetables to create yummy dishes
and try new things, but also a little relief at going back to the ordinary stuff:
carrots, potatoes, peas, broccoli, salads.
a peek-a-boo at the marina.
I have no idea what this marvelous plant is
but it looks like something out of Willy Wonka!
My buddy and partner in crime for the day.
Lovely pictures taken during a lovely time of year. I'm with you - a sense of relief that summer is over so we can hunker down a bit & rest.
ReplyDelete