Monday, September 6, 2010

9-6-10 A bittersweet kind of day...

Last minute details for my mother-in-law's funeral tomorrow...We went to Phil's brother's house and they had paintings done by Elizabeth on the walls and on easels about the house. The unframed ones I had never seen before. . .


The blue flowers I have seen many times.


And this one too. They must have been her favorites as they were framed.

So at Phil's brother's house, we were making preparations for an after-service reception at their house. Their garden is beautiful!

Crab apples!

And Phil's brother prepared a turkey dinner feast for the family! Ten of us there: It was delicious! It was a very nice time to all be together.
Phil spent some time building a cool lego vehicle with is great-nephew...

And, of all things, it was T-K's birthday! 8 years old!
He celebrated his birthday yesterday,
but we brought him a giant cupcake,
which he proceeded to eat all by himself,
with 9 adults watching and drooling!

He loved it! I guess that is the lesson, that life goes on . . .


Tomorrow will be a difficult day, saying good-bye.
But we are a big family with lots of support and I know it will all be ok.










5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you all got to spend some time alone together before the funeral. It looks like a very lovely time! TK sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another passage. We journey along our bumpy pathways and only once do we reach the end. Which is actually a new and glorious beginning. Sadness for the earthly family left behind; happiness for the reborn. They live on in the breeze in the trees, the butterfly on the flowers, in the cream of the cupcake, and at the turkey-scented table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my friend, that was beautifully said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Death is sad but it also brings family together which is a good thing.

    I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grandma! Thanks for all your comments, sorry for not posting some on your blog for a while. Oh, and we have one boy cat and one girl. The boy is mom's favorite and really snuggly! :D Love you!

    ReplyDelete