Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day!

The heather is in bloom in Olympia! Our heather isn't blooming yet, it's a little colder out where we live. This isn't meant to give you Easterners with nothing but snow to see feel bad, but to give you hope and remind you Spring is just around the corner!
This is a view from the top of San Francisco Hill. See KGY out on the pilings and the Hearthfire behind it? Imagine the beautiful 50 degree air and the sound of seagulls in the distance. That's Puget Sound! A wonderful day.
...
My daughter in Minnesota is experiencing negative degree weather - W's school was closed today because of the dangerous conditions. But, I hear "The Groundhog" didn't see his shadow today, so really, Spring is on its way! Did you know the groundhog's name is Phil???
...
I am seriously working on several projects now, but don't want to show them prematurely. Something will be posted soon!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes, KGY the space center news center of Olympia. I'll never forget the tagline they used during the World's Fair in Seattle. I always got a kick out of the "space center, news center" and Dick Pust! Who could forget that venerable DJ! An Olympia icon. I remember when the radio station used to be on the second floor in downtown. My mother often entered their little contests and I would go with her when she collected her prizes.

    ReplyDelete