Monday, April 22, 2013

Sunday morning

Even though I have a list a mile long (exaggeration) to do today,
Sunday mornings still feel relaxing and slower paced. 
I like doing a few things in my pj's and drinking my share of the coffee before showering.

I have had my donut maker sitting on the counter for about a week (good intentions). Finally this morning Phil asked if I was making donuts this morning...that motivated me.

 
I've had this recipe for Chocolate glazed donuts printed out for future consideration.
Today seemed like a good day to try it.  As I went along, I decided I probably wouldn't use this recipe again.  Too many ingredients...too much fat...etc.

 
But they were pretty good.
I think I prefer my donuts with real(ish) frosting on top.

 
Sunday morning is also a good time to go see what's happening in the yard...
I love to see these ferns unfurling. I've seen people at parks collecting these (or they look like these) to take home and steam like asparagus.

 
The apple tree is about to blossom.
I hear we have a 70 degree day coming up...
that should do it!

 
The Japanese Maple is doing it's thing...

 
The Hellebores of course are on their way out,
but I do appreciate their cheery colors
first thing in the Spring.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I bought 7 Helleborus for myself this year. They were glorious plants and the flowers are hanging on. I am determined to keep them alive but some of the spots they are in might get too sunny through the summer. I love them so much.

    ReplyDelete