Friday, July 30, 2010

7-30-10 "Never A Dull Moment"

I used to think my life was so ordinary and not of much interest to anyone but myself and my immediate family, but since I've been blogging, I realize just how many different things happen every day! My day started off very ordinary, I went to work. I left for a lunch break, to go to Sharin Memories and check out what was for sale at their used goods sale (like a garage sale - but everything is scrapbooking!!!)...I spent $10. Wait til you see what all I got! Four gorgeous silk-type flowers; a bag of chipboard "buttons";
lots and lots and lots of ribbon...
Four packs of "handmade" paper. It came from JoAnns but looks pretty old. I've never seen anything like it at JoAnns. They are gorgeous! all glittery, metallic, florals, stitched upon, I can't believe Claudia let me buy them (she saw them first!).

and the biggest treasure of all - made this butterfly sticker...

A Xyron! it is a "sticker maker". I put my object in the front, roll a dial on the side, and out comes a sticker - ready to peel off and press wherever I want it. It was easy!


The funny thing is just yesterday I told Claudia I was thinking maybe I should look for one of those and tried to understand precisely what it is they do! She actually found it for me, as she was the first one to the used stuff sale...So, I cut out this butterfly from something I printed off my computer, fed it into the "machine" and out came a perfect sticker, to use on some project...

I love it already! It cost $5.
...
When I got home, the guys had been making this knife!
The kit was a birthday gift for Walker.
Many little pieces all in a 2" x 3" plastic zip-loc envelope!
The finished product!

Isn't it beautiful?

We will have to mail it to W at school.
Of course he can't take it on the airplane!
He is allowed to have a pocket knife at school though.
Phil had the walnut for the handle.
And of course he knows how to make it all perfect.
OK, so time for a little breather - I know this is a long blog entry!
Some flowers from our yard.

a wild crawling rose...

Jasmine in bloom...

And this hydrangea I thought was white! But it is a very pretty blue.
...
All afternoon Phil was waiting for a delivery of a Lathe. He's had it on order for months! The day we got our new fridge, they called and said it was going to be delivered! This isn't for building beautiful wood furniture with turned legs and such.
I think it is for metal, for building parts for things.
Phil and Walker with the truck, waiting for it to come out of this huge UPS freight truck! He wasn't willing to back it up our driveway. Well, it was bigger than a moving van! In the meantime, Walker is wanting to leave, with his truck! Finally I gave him the keys to my car so he wouldn't be late for his date!

When Phil broke into this 400 lb box, I felt like the wife in "A Christmas Story" about to see the infamous "leg lamp"...
But, no lamp, just metal stuff.
I wonder what tomorrow will bring!
What interesting happened with your Friday?















2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the Xyron! Tirzah and I were looking at those at JoAnne's...trying to figure out if they were worth the price! So glad you got such an amazing deal!

    Love the knife! The Lathe is very cool too--for Phil anyway! :o) Something to keep him busy!

    We got our papers signed for the mortgage, bringing our payment way down for the next two years while we recover from the last two years! That was very exciting! Our Credit Union is just great and thanked us as much as we thanked them!

    It was a great day! Oh, tomorrow morning you can see the post of Tirzah recital! She had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - I'm envious over your Sharin' Memories finds. I MUST check that place out!

    ReplyDelete