Earlier in the day, I framed my Audubon print. I had to get a mat cut for it, but I got the frame at Goodwill. I love it. I had a hard time taking a picture of it - reflections everywhere!
This is what it says on the bottom: "Drawn from Nature by J.J. Audubon".

And a closeup of one of the birds.
And, I made strawberry jam the old fashioned way - no pectin. I found the recipe online through Food Network - Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa). This is the way my grandmother and her mother would have made jam - fruit and sugar! I made three jars. Its delicious and was easy! Just a lot of stirring and waiting.
And a closeup of one of the birds.
There are carrots, Garlic, radishes, garlic scapes, and artichoke hearts in there.
I have to wait 48 hours to taste them.
If they are any good, I'll post the recipe!
Lovely! Lovely! Lovely! The jam is particularly lovely! And I 'lovely' you! :o)
ReplyDeleteI am wild about Audubon-type art and prints! Your goodies look delish!
ReplyDelete