Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 15, 2010 Thursday Farmer's Market Day

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....Today I had to work, but I took a THREE HOUR lunch break and went to the Farmer's Market. Lunch with Vicki - we had penne pasta salad, very yummy...and talked and walked around the market. . . Here is a view I haven't gotten before - the front of the Market. Very pretty.
I don't know what this is, but I think it is of the onion family.




And we picked up our CSA vegetables: 2 bunches of carrots, rainbow Kale, shelling peas (we ate them tonight - raw); walla walla onions, a head of garlic, a bunch of cilantro, a head of butter lettuce.; Yukon Gold potatoes ... all beautiful!

I stopped at Trader Joe's on the way home. I can't believe how much bread we go through! Many goodies, especially for lunches. I bought their sweet potato fries to cook for dinner tonight and they were outstanding! Everyone was hoping for MORE.




No comments:

Post a Comment