Monday, September 21, 2009

September 21, 2009

This is Walker's "self portrait" he did in art class this year. It is THE DARK LOBSTER plotting how to take over the world! I bought a great frame at Goodwill today for $4.99 (metal frame - glass, etc.) and Phil has promised to put it all together. Above is the before picture, it is just taped on top of the glass of our Ansel Adams print!

These apples make me very happy! I picked all the ones I could reach with the ladder last night. They were just ending up on the ground for deer to munch, and even some in the tree had big bites taken out of them - racoons? We got a lot of apples - I made a big batch of applesauce and always have in mind to make a little pie. I think I'll make half a pie tonight - fold over one round pie crust + ice cream!

Well! I goofed and my "before" photos are way too fuzzy! So, all I have are "afters". I'm still pretty happy with this first little corner of my craft room though. The picture below is just a close up of my favorite part, all the little bottles and jars filled with cool stuff to use in projects!


Tonight I will work on a different section...




2 comments:

  1. Love it! Your sewing room is adorable! Good job! Walker's drawing is AMAZING! I can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I got a sewing basket at a garage sale today! Adorable!
    Tirzah

    ReplyDelete