Thursday, September 24, 2009

September 24, 2009

Walker's Artwork! finally
framed and hung in our home gallery
A thrift store "rescue". It's fabric stars, then crocheted around the stars and linked together. Its about 8 inches x 12 inches. Very sweet!

Aren't these beautiful? Vicki bought an apple as large as cantelope! And an Asian pear and red cherry peppers. They were beautiful too! We meet for lunch every Thursday. I had a spinach fritatta and Vicki had a Tuscan Panini that looked delicious!


This is my box for my acrylic stamps. It isn't finished yet - I plan to glue on postage stamps and some other paper ephemera. I have to wait for the ink to dry though!


I had a really great and fun day today. After going to Greek class with A.J., I went to visit my sister Jonny - we had a great visit and talked for almost two hours! Then, back to town for a couple of hours at my office. Next to the Farmer's Market to meet Vicki for lunch. But first, I bought basil for Pesto (one of my favorites!), two chocolate dipped macaroons for our dessert tonight, and a couple of red bartlett pears and three "President" plums that look like Italian Plums on steriods! Afterwards I made a quick trip into my favorite thrift store and found this very cute doily type thing ($1.00). I just couldn't resist it; it begged to be rescued and loved. I also bought two rolls of ribbon - very different with a colored ribbon and jute. I don't know what I'll do with it yet, but it will be perfect for something!


Last night I tried to organize a craft corner, and got distracted decorating this wooden box to hold my acrylic stamps. That was very distracting and I had a lot of fun playing with it. But, the ink is taking forever to dry! See how my right brain (artistic) hijacks my left brain (organized) and keeps me from my goals!


2 comments:

  1. That's great! Love your finds! The art looks great too! So happy you had a such a nice day yesterday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, done that before!!!
    Tirzah

    ReplyDelete