Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hark!

December two and counting! Today I have "started" decorating.
Below is a common household trunk being
used 11 /12ths of the year as an end table . . .

But, for one month of the year, it is a TREASURE CHEST!

This is where I keep most of the Christmas Tree ornaments and all the little things that were overlooked the first time I put everything away! It is always a joy to open it up and see Christmas contained in one box!
* * *
Of course, I have six more boxes upstairs that are filled with the larger things. I'm shifting my dishes around too, getting out the Christmassy ones and putting away the others. Christmas music plays on the stereo, and W called today to say it was snowing.
* * *
I had lunch with Vicki today at the Mall.
She brought me a gift:
an acorn squash, a delicata, and home-made seasoning salt.
Thank you!




1 comment:

  1. What's a delicata? :) So glad you are decorating! We are due for a snow storm this afternoon, looking forward to a cozy evening at home! Love you!

    ReplyDelete