Easter Festivities
Even though I no longer have children at home, when Easter comes around, I have to color eggs! I have been using the same method/process for a few years, and I feel like I about have it right.
So many years (it seems like) I would be scrambling
the Saturday before Easter and all the egg dye kits would be sold out!
If only I'd had this recipe back then.
Today we had a grand turkey dinner at retired husband's brother's house. It was a gloriously sunny day which is not promised for tomorrow. These apple blossoms are from their garden.
. . .
Even though I no longer have children at home, when Easter comes around, I have to color eggs! I have been using the same method/process for a few years, and I feel like I about have it right.the Saturday before Easter and all the egg dye kits would be sold out!
If only I'd had this recipe back then.
I love the "marbleized, eggs from an exotic chicken" look of them. The only ingredients are water, vinegar, food coloring, and olive oil. (Thank you Martha Stewart). It was still fun to do, and will decorate my table tomorrow.
Here is what I am making for Easter Brunch:
Orange juice
Spiral Ham
Farmer Blanchard's Breakfast Casserole
Steamed Artichokes
angel cakes
coffee
. . .
Tomorrow Alan and Sara and Tori will come here for Brunch.
. . .
I love the holidays that bring families together.
. . .
. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment