Sunday, April 3, 2011

We had a nice quiet Sunday. The weather was decent. It looked so nice in the morning we decided to go for a walk in town. It actually turned out to be pretty breezy and cool, but it didn't rain. We parked downtown and went to a couple of antique shops. Well, that wasn't much walking so we got a little more serious but ran across a sign that said "Flea Market 3 blocks"... Had to go see it. I know that's the one Susan at My Abundant Life talked about a couple of weekends ago. Of course by then we were getting a little late for a theater performance we needed to be at by 1:45 so all we could do was walk fast -- look quick --- and plan to come back.
I saw paper ephemera I want to dig through (.50 each!), cigar boxes (ok I don't need any more, but maybe for a gift ....to ME!).

...

We made it to the theater. Our friend's performance was great. We laughed a lot - and then the power went off in the theater! They improvised though (the show must go on!) and since it was a matinee they opened some doors and we just watched it in the dark! They did offer to give us tickets to an upcoming performance if we wanted to leave, but NO ONE wanted to. The lights finally came on about two minutes before the end. This was their final performance too.

...

That reminds me, Walker is singing quite a bit at College. He even has a solo. They are revving up for their twice yearly (once in the fall and once in spring) serenade of the girls sorority houses and dorms. The girls love it and look forward to it. ...blooming at my house (the Hellebore's are just getting better and better)
...and the lilacs are starting to leaf out! I can't wait!

I even have a few rogue daffodils here and there.




1 comment:

  1. What a fun day! The snow is almost completely gone here...soon we'll be seeing "green" too!

    ReplyDelete