Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Tea-time
Saturday morning we woke up to SNOW! Even when I don't want it, it is still a thrill to wake up and see something that happened during the night.
It didn't matter, we didn't have to go anywhere anyway, because we had a tea party to put on.
We started out by making party favor/place cards for our guests. I brought the materials for these cute felt cupcakes, and Tirzah and I sewed them together, using her embroidery supplies.
We were pretty happy with the finished products. Then we put them on cardstock for placecards. I keep getting the kids names mixed up so I decided this day I would call everyone "cupcake", all day. What a silly grandma, but they loved it.
We also had to make some goodies. I called these "Snappy Kisses". they were pretzel snaps, Hersheys Kisses and an m&m on top. Everyone could help with this project.
Pushing the M & M into the warm chocolate kiss was everyone's favorite part. Plus, we had to eat up the leftover M & M's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Snow! Followed by a day making mud pies. Oh, but what a wonderful tea party. Those cupcake placecards are adorable. Mixing up names! So funny. I remember my Nana going through the whole list of names until she got to the right one. Cupcake is a perfect substitute. Definitely goes along with the cupcake dress. I hope I remember those "cookie" recipes. I think they are much easier than frosting cupcakes for little hands. Your Martha Stewart look is perfect except for the dark tresses!
ReplyDelete