And a close up of another one. I only got three - I just couldn't stop trying to find good shots of them. Its probably a good thing I didn't understand that EVERYTHING in the store was 40% off, or I would have probably bought lots more. I would have liked to spend more time in the books. At 40% off, the hardcover books would have been a good deal.
Friday, April 29, 2011
A trip to Goodwill...
I had about 20 minutes this afternoon before my next appointment (meeting Phil for a walk around Capital Lake) and I dashed into the Hawks Prairie Goodwill. There was a 40% off everything in the store sale going on. As good as a garage sale! (almost).
I bought these three demitasse cups. They are so cute, and lots of gold on them. There were quite a few of them there - someone's collection from a trip to Europe I think. This is exactly what I would want to bring home for souvenirs if I went to Europe!
Bavarian china. They each cost me $2.
I also found a neat skinny cigar box. It was sixty cents!
I bought this "record" book - totally unused - 500 lined pages - a very cool journal to fill. $1.50.
A close up of one of the china cups...

And a close up of another one. I only got three - I just couldn't stop trying to find good shots of them. Its probably a good thing I didn't understand that EVERYTHING in the store was 40% off, or I would have probably bought lots more. I would have liked to spend more time in the books. At 40% off, the hardcover books would have been a good deal.
And a close up of another one. I only got three - I just couldn't stop trying to find good shots of them. Its probably a good thing I didn't understand that EVERYTHING in the store was 40% off, or I would have probably bought lots more. I would have liked to spend more time in the books. At 40% off, the hardcover books would have been a good deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a deal! Link up with my garage sale post...pleeeease! It's easy! At the bottom of my post are the words "click here to enter" in blue. YOu just copy and paste the link from your goodwill post and add it to the linky thing...give it a try! It will bring more people to your lovely blog! Tirzah did it!
ReplyDeleteOkay, you have to tell me when you list the Bremerhaven tea cup (if you do) because THAT is the port that my GG Grandfather left from when he immigrated to the US in the 1800's! VERY cool find!
ReplyDeleteHi! Thanks for following my blog! I hope you will enjoy it. Yes, I will let you know when I list that tea cup. Its adorable and you should probably have it! All things computer take me time... Judy
ReplyDelete