Friday, May 27, 2011

Art Journaling Workshop

This week I started an on-line journaling workshop. Its kind of a leap of faith for me, because I do have trouble sometimes getting my computer to do what I think it should do. Figuring out Flickr is my next mission, so I can look at other students' work, and post my own. But, I have W at home for a while, so I figure I have back-up. So far I have had no problems. My first page...ta da...


Christy Tomlinson, at Scarlet Lime, is the artist/teacher. The first week she has 28 videos packed with information on how to use all these "supplies" I have been collecting for years! She has such a friendly, messy, straightforward way about her, she makes you feel like nothing you do is wrong! nothing!


So, on my first page, I've used acrylic paints, foam stamps with acrylic paint applied, rubber stamps, bubble wrap, vintage book pages, ink, etc. The theme is "Three Hearts". I've rather changed it to "Three Arts", I'll be making three books demonstrating all the techniques I learn.


It is like a refreshing day at the beach to use the other side of my brain.




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the textures and colors! You are so artistic mom!

    ReplyDelete