Friday, May 27, 2011

Thrift Store Treasures

I try to visit my favorite thrift stores once a week. Sometimes I find nothing, sometimes I find something...

I loved these white/blue cups. They are very delicate and almost translucent. I looked for saucers, but I suspect these don't come with saucers. They are very beautiful and I hope to use them in a future tea party...


I also found this Tiffany Alphabet Bears child's plate. I thought it would be nice to keep at our house, for visitors! Phil was so impressed with the quality he thought I should look online to see if it is valuable. They are priced at $60 at the site I looked at! hmmm should I keep it or try to sell it? (I paid $6 for it - a LOT for a Goodwill plate!)


And I found a couple of books - Mary Poppins. A beautiful book- no writing inside. I love the book with the feathers on it and I will probably chop that one and turn it into an art journal!


All these purchases were from the Olympia Goodwill. I like to go once a week, because sometimes I find something very special!







3 comments:

  1. Hi Mom! I had to download Google Chrome in order to leave a comment...Internet Explorer is having issues with blogger!

    Anyway, amazing information about the bear plate. I'm guessing it's not plastic? Is it porcelain? Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the bear plate is a heavy ceramic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty finds! I wouldnt sell the plate. If I need money or space I sell things, but otherwise I love getting to enjoy expensive things for a small price tag :). You know, a champaign decor on a beer budget. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete