Thursday, May 26, 2011

A man with a mission

Coming home from work 2 days ago, I was listening to the David Boze show on KTTH. He was interviewing Michael Reagan, artist. This artist has stumbled onto his life mission, to sketch the faces of fallen heroes for their families, for free. Listening to his story, how he made his first portrait and how it changed his life was very moving to me. I finally had to turn the radio off when people started calling in to say how he enriched their lives and brought their loved one back to them through his portraits. I was crying listening to it and dangerous to be on the road in that condition.

His website is michaelgreaganartist.com Take a look at his work and his story and I think you will be moved too. I saw in his website that he went to art school at the Burnley School of Art (founded by my husband's great-uncle Ed Burnley), now the Seattle Art Institute.



1 comment:

  1. I love this type of 'special interest' story. He IS the change he wants to see in the world....

    ReplyDelete