Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hillsdale College wins first game in playoffs!!!


Today was our all day crop at Rubbermaids. Claudia and I had plans to sit together and she got there first. She had this darling item waiting at my "spot"... in this photo filled with some things I made later.
This is what the basket looks like - it is SO CUTE! It was a thank you for taking the photos at Tony's wedding for her. I told her it was so much fun I didn't need a gift - but THANK YOU! Very nice.

And a close up with the handle and clasp. I love it.









Here are some of the cards I made for the Orting Soldier's Home. They have 180 guests there and we made an individual card for each of them.






I had quite a few ideas and I wanted to try them all. These vintage images I took out of a book from my library. Cute paper from Sharin Memories and I have three snowflake punches that made very adorable accents.









These are the ones Claudia made, using an idea from the card-making class we attended last week.
My shortbread cookies and jalapeno cheese pie were enjoyed. We had so many goodies and so much food! With 15 ladies all meeting in one place and everyone bringing food, you know it was a banquet! One of the ladies made a crockpot of Italian Beef that we ate served on rolls with sauteed garlic and green peppers for dinner. Very good! The time flew by.
In the meantime, Phil and Walker talked on the phone several times. Hillsdale College Chargers were in Mankuta Minnesota in the first game of the playoffs. Walker didn't go to the game, but learned he could go on the internet and watch the game from his computer! He tried to get Phil set up to watch too, but Phil couldn't access it. Anyway, the Chargers won their first game! There will be another next weekend.







2 comments:

  1. Hi Mom! Lovely cards! I think you meant Mankato, right? Way to go Hillsdale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards!
    How early do you want your homemade ones??

    ReplyDelete