Sunday, September 25, 2011

End of a nice weekend

Such a nice weekend, with lots of time do do all kinds of things. One of my plans was to just have fun with a couple of art journal pages. These next two pages are supposed to symbolize the retreat to Poulsbo with the Rubbermaid ladies... It's fun to put it all together, but there are some symbolic things in this page too: The two cards add up to 11 - the number of ladies that attended; and they are clubs (get it?). The yellow butterfly is of a picture of the house we stayed in...the orange-y butterfly and the flower is the cute bag from a bead shop we went into and I purchased a few things...

The second page has an underlayment of a Brahms Lullaby. Kind of a joke because no one slept that well the first night; my camera for obvious reasons, and all the ladies in nightgowns. Of course we didn't wear nightgowns like that! We wore modern jammies.


And today finally I returned my art supplies to their proper places. I put this Wal-mart shoe holder on my studio door to hold supplies. It is so great to see things easily and where to put them back. It has already saved me lots of time and definitely encourages me to put things back where they belong so I can find them when I want them.


And today I reorganized my lace, ribbons, and glittery yarn supplies. I am especially happy with my lace organization. I wrapped my lace around coffee sleeves! It's very neat and tidy. And I decided what stuff I would never use and bagged it up for goodwill!


We finished off the weekend watching Moneyball at the theater. I usually wouldn't go to a sports theme movie, but I had seen the previews and it looked pretty good. Brad Pitt always looks pretty good. But there was lots of tobacco chewing and spitting and eating great mouthfuls of food in addition to the baseball scenes. But all in all I'm glad I went. Not a chick flick, but worth seeing.







1 comment:

  1. I have one of those shoe organizers on the inside of my coat closet. It holds visors, gloves, scarves, umbrellas, water bottles for walks, etc. Very handy!

    ReplyDelete