This morning when I got up, I saw my pile of onions on the counter and a bag of red potatoes on the floor next to a bag of russets.
hmmm...where can I put this stuff???

I decided my goodwill picnic hamper would be a good spot to store those guys - dark, but airy, on the floor of my pantry. But of course there was no room on the floor, I had to clear that out, I had to clean the floor (
gack!) and then find places for everything that was down there. It was silly just to do the bottom so I went crazy and reorganized and threw things out and got out my label-maker! There really wasn't room to put anything else in the pantry - look at it now! (sorry there is no
before photo, but really you'd think less of me if you saw it!) . I found several gadgets I had totally forgotten I had in there too.
When I was getting dressed I was watching the food network, and I saw the Pioneer Woman program. I've never seen it before, although her blog is in my favorites. She made the yummiest looking blackberry cobbler. I remembered the four last peaches in my fridge. Use 'em or lose 'em. I made Lee's blackberry cobbler with peaches!

It was just as easy as she said it would be. And I think mine is just as pretty. It reminds me of a "
clafouti" I made once, but this was BETTER! (probably more butter and sugar!).

It made a great lunch after all that hard work! Phil was busy too - I inspired him to get busy and he was doing stuff up on the roof and cleaning the
woodstove and polishing all the doorknobs! Second Day of Fall Syndrome I guess. (notice the sky/cloud reflection in the tabletop? pretty day)

And it seemed like a good day to harvest apples. These are the ones I could reach, standing on a chair (Phil had the ladder). It's possible they should stay on the tree a little longer, but eventually the critters climb up and get them so we like to beat them to it. These apples make great pie and applesauce.

It is very difficult to get Kit Kat to look right at me for a photo - so I had to blog this and share. She likes to help us when we're working outside.
Its only 3:30 and I'm still feeling a little ambitious...just what to tackle next...
I was like a crazy lady today, cleaning, baking, sorting. I must have a touch of your 'fall syndrome', too (either that or I'm pg - NOT!).
ReplyDeleteGood job on the pantry! It looks GREAT! I was meaning to ask you if you saw PW's show?! Tirzah and I are wondering if you can record it on a DVD? Is that possible? We would love to see an episode or two! The cobbler is gorgeous and so are your apples!! happy fall!
ReplyDelete