It has taken me several tries to get these photos together. The main problem has been getting a photo of the finished product before it gets eaten. For some reason, when I'm ready to eat it, my blog is the farthest thing from my mind!
Begin with some nice fresh ripe peaches, and a box of Pillsbury Pie Crust from the refrigerator counter at the grocery store.

Let the crust warm up to room temperature, unroll it into a pie pan. sprinkle about 2 T of flour in the bottom, depending on how juicy your fruit is.

Peel 3-4 peaches, depending on how large they are. Slice them right into the center of the pie crust. Sprinkle on 1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar, to taste.

Fold up the edges over the peaches. Kind of pleat the crust so it stays down nice and firm. After that you can brush the crust with milk, or egg whites, and add a sprinkle of sugar. Or not.

Bake at 400 until the crust is nice and brown and the fruit is juicy and done (usually 20-30 minutes). Eat it while it's still warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Cut the other half into two even pieces to be eaten for breakfast (or the first one up will get the lion's share!).
I have made the same pie with apples. I even made a chicken pot pie (pasty?) this way and it was great. I am going to try a blueberry pie soon. I think that will be very juicy but delicious.
Try my recipe and tell me how it came out.
It's just a little pie - 4 servings, but so quick and easy.
Yum!!! I need some peaches!
ReplyDelete