Friday, September 9, 2011

World's Longest Beach...

Taking advantage of this weather, we drove to Long Beach today. We didn't really have a plan, wander around town and go out to lunch.

We visited a few antique stores...

Phil nicely posed in front of this one.

This store actually had something I BOUGHT!

Very tiny and flat. I'll post it tomorrow.

There was a hot rod show going on! I don't really know if Phil knew about it -- he denied any knowledge. I like taking photos of brightly painted cars with interesting expressions.


This one was a beaut!


a portrait of Phil and I.


Phil wishes he had bought this corvette when he test drove it 40 years ago - it was only $1200.


This is where we went to lunch - The Shelburn House.

It was recommended by one of the antique shop owners.


Fish and chips on the deck in a lovely garden. Wonderful!


Inside was very comfortable too. We may have to stay here some time.


Beautiful stained glass.



While we were eating lunch, the fog rolled in.

This is the only view of the ocean.

We could hear it, but no visibility.

And it was very windy - 60 degrees.


As we headed home, the temperatures went up up up.




















1 comment: