Thursday, December 1, 2011

First of December...

Last night was my Fall Choir Performance.

Two of the songs we sang were very difficult. The rest were light and fun. We sang the song "Caroling Caroling", then "Blazheni, Yazhe Izbral" by Tschaikovsky - in Russian (hard!) and "How Lovely is thy Dwelling Place" by Brahms (hard!). Some solos by brave souls and an intermission, then "'Twas the Night Before Christmas", "I Wish You Christmas", and "Night of Silence". It was fun and always makes me feel good to be part of a group like this. I've made some nice friends in this group and I'll probably join again in the Spring.
I visited the Pinterest of Susan of "My Abundant Life" and got the above idea for using buttons to make inked impressions. The site actually showed how to glue the buttons on to the end of a wine cork. I intend to do that (I have lots of corks) but I couldn't find my good glue. I do like how they came out though. You just have to put something a little squishy underneath the surface you want to stamp. I have LOTS of buttons!
And little Adrielle's Christmas stocking is done! Even the embroidery, which is not my forte.
So little time until Christmas - so many things I want to do!

2 comments:

  1. Love the button stamps. Pinterest makes me crazy b/c I find SOOO many ideas of projects I want to do. Sigh - too little time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Stocking is GORGEOUS! I love it! I've been too afraid to go on pinterest...everybody in bloggy land talks about it...My family may never see me again if I start! lol

    ReplyDelete