Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Fourth of December

Last night we hauled all the decoration boxes out of the attic. I suppose its all relative, but we do seem to have a lot of decorations. I started unpacking and setting things out this morning, early.

Its fun to revisit the things you've forgotten about. Above is my "Merry Christmas" banner from a few years ago, that I made with 13 other ladies. There are 13 other families with this exact same banner in their homes this holiday. I made the "Y" in Merry for all. I hung it over the doorway into my kitchen. First time there.
I took this one for Walker - this is his countdown nutcracker. He's not home to enjoy it yet, but I can keep him posted...All this decorating was hard work and I switched gears to try this new "diet" cake mix I read about recently.
You mix one box of cake mix with 12 oz diet soda. no eggs. no oil. just mix it up and bake as directed on the box.
Looks normal.
smells chocolatey
Taste - pretty good! They are rather delicate and tend to crumble when you eat them. Best eaten with a fork maybe. Phil ate two them and found them "delicious". I put a little tiny bit of icing ontop. Tonight we might have it with ice cream - so much for diet. You could make spice cake with ginger ale; yellow cake with sprite; any combination that sounds good to you. I got my idea from "Hungry girl".
We are getting our tree next weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Interesting Cake! That picture doesn't look like diet soda though...Phil wouldn't dare would he? He was always teasing me diet coke and dissolving my bones or something. lol I still love the banner!

    ReplyDelete