Sunday, March 4, 2012

Grateful for friends...

About two weeks ago I was at JoAnn Fabrics with a 40% off coupon and I bought this book by Julie Nutting...Just reading through it and looking at the pictures was like eating CANDY!
I had to be careful though, not to feel satisfied by just looking at the pictures...I needed to start making something...
The inspiration was right there ... so yummy!
and look at these darling little girl tags - my next project! But, what I actually made (all of the above are Julie's work)...
...is this page for my art journal. Kind of hard to read here but it says "Grateful for friends". I was in that kind of mood and enjoyed making these two ladies who look like they are telling each other secrets and trusting that what they tell each other goes no further!
And after I took my photo, I noticed how colorful my workspace was! Time for a new sheet, but this does show the wild abandonment I sometimes use in my art journal! (Next time I'll take a picture of my inky-painty fingers.)
If you are intrigued by Julie Nutting's work and want to see more, just google Julie Nutting and click on images and you will see many examples of her work and other people like me who were inspired by her.

2 comments:

  1. Julie's book has been on my Amazon wish list for quite some time. You've nudged me to purchase it. Don't throw away your workspace sheet! Use it as a background in a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete