Saturday, March 24, 2012

I got a little crazy...

More art from my art journal...this lesson was titled "What we bring". We started with the paper pieced partial girl (me?) on the left -- then added whatever made us happy. I have a stack of books: some are art journals, some are novels, all make me happy. I also included TEN little banners across the top, one for each grandchild (so far!). I had to include my camera too. This was pretty fun to make it "meaningful" to me. I used scrapbook paper, acrylic paint, modeling paste, pens, stencils, bubble wrap!

This is one I made because I wasn't quite finished with cupcakes. I had the plate and cupcakes done, but I hadn't done any background. Nothing is ever quite really finished though. I intend to go over my words "You deserve a cupcake" with darker ink.
And this one is pretty different (week two of The Art of Wild Abandonment): this lesson was named "Blooms". I used tissue paper (like wrapping paper), painted parchment or tracing paper (for the petals), acrylic paint, watercolor paint, watercolor crayons. Really fun and textured. They are funky purple cone flowers...The left page needs more outlining and detailing. The next class is "layers" and promises to be pretty "wild".
Those are the things I was thinking about all day, even while on this lovely walk to the Capital Campus in Olympia...
I heard a rumor that the trees were all in bloom - this was all we found! Another week and it will be beautiful I'm sure. . .
I have known this fountain at the Capital nearly all my life, but today was the first time I noticed the "leaves" that the water fountains out of! It was turned off, of course, so I guess that is why I finally could see the beauty of the fountain, without the water!
I got a little crazy over the architecture.
You can tell it was somewhat sunny, but not really a super bright day while we were there.
We did enjoy all the beauty around the campus that we probably would not have noticed if the trees and flowers had all been in bloom.
We encountered a busload of Japanese schoolgirls,
and I hoped they got a chance to see this view after they saw
the interior of the Capital Building.
So pretty.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment