Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Irish never ate like this...

Its not too exciting of a day when all I have to post is what I made for dinner...but, this was a tasty recipe, and it did take me half a day to prepare! The original recipe was little more Irish sounding.

I used a lot of ideas from a Guy Fieri recipe I saw on Food Network earlier in the week, but really, this is not much like it. I used beef, onion, carrot, turnip, beef broth, red wine, seasonings and cream in the stew. I cooked mashed potatoes separately and served them together like above. Phil prefers his stew poured over the potatoes like caramel sauce over ice cream.
...
I did have a lovely day of playing in my art studio and watching videos on the computer. Maybe I will have something to share tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment