And, because we'd stayed home most of the weekend, we decided to go watch JOHN CARTER at the theater. I do like sci-fi and even though it was not rated especially high, we kind of wanted to see it. It was a good adventure sci fi movie, pretty much what you would expect. And yes, it did have green creatures with four arms on Mars...It was kind of like Star Wars, Avatar, Indiana Jones, all rolled up into one movie. I liked this image I found, but the movie is not animated - it's live action.Sunday, March 11, 2012
I will have to quit saying "I never win anything"...
I am excited to say I won something!!! I never win, but sometimes I try. This weekend one of my favorite bloggers pointed her readers to the COCOA DAISY BLOG HOP, with 21 blogs, each offering a prize. I entered most of them and I won a $10 gift certificate to Cocoa Daisy http://cocoadaisy.com from Annabelle's blog at http://anabelleom.blogspot.com. I am very excited!
Other than that bit of fun (which I heard this evening), I started a new spread in my art journal (above). If you look closely, you will see four silhouettes among the gouache painting (Oh, I'm getting so worldly, painting with gouache, rather than plain watercolor!). I plan to do my journaling each day on one of the silhouettes.
And, because we'd stayed home most of the weekend, we decided to go watch JOHN CARTER at the theater. I do like sci-fi and even though it was not rated especially high, we kind of wanted to see it. It was a good adventure sci fi movie, pretty much what you would expect. And yes, it did have green creatures with four arms on Mars...It was kind of like Star Wars, Avatar, Indiana Jones, all rolled up into one movie. I liked this image I found, but the movie is not animated - it's live action.
I have been doing some experimenting with making a little book out of security envelopes. I got the idea from someone else's website but this is my own take on it. The theme is "travel" and I have some maps, tickets, foreign stamps...stuff like that in it. I guess its kind of a book of collage and it is taking me somewhere, I just don't know quite where yet. I hope your weekend was great too.
And, because we'd stayed home most of the weekend, we decided to go watch JOHN CARTER at the theater. I do like sci-fi and even though it was not rated especially high, we kind of wanted to see it. It was a good adventure sci fi movie, pretty much what you would expect. And yes, it did have green creatures with four arms on Mars...It was kind of like Star Wars, Avatar, Indiana Jones, all rolled up into one movie. I liked this image I found, but the movie is not animated - it's live action.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are just too darn clever and talented for words!
ReplyDelete