Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring images

Such a beautiful day today. Even though it was not WARM, it was pretty and warmish...


I wanted to share my pussy-willows! I bought them. I can't believe it. We used to pick them when I was a child, on Elliot Road. I remember we used to color them with chalk sometimes. Did you ever do that? I love the back-lighting on these.
My Hellebores. I planted this one when we first moved into our house, 25 years ago. It always blooms early. It is supposed to be a Lenten Rose, but I think it usually blooms well before Lent. You have to get down and look up to see the pretty blooms.
Today our power went off in the early afternoon. So rude! We decided to go for a walk, and I knew I wanted to go take a picture of this skunk cabbage, which I have seen growing in the ditch on the side of the road on the way home. They are so YELLOW! They do smell kind of skunky too. I think they are humorous and fun. We talked to three different neighbors on our walk, and by the time we got home, the power was back on.
I carefully stepped into our neighbor's yard to catch this photo of their crocuses. I love them! so purple and cheerful! I'm using this photo as my computer wallpaper now.

2 comments:

  1. The beautiful flowers are balm to these color starved eyes. Here's hoping our weather will warm up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought two bunches of tulips and one bunch of hyacinth at T.J.'s yesterday! Flowers making everything more cheerful!

    ReplyDelete