Saturday, October 24, 2009

A lovely Fall Day October 24, 2009

This morning Phil and I got up and went to Staircase near Lake Cushman. It was chilly, but still very pretty out. Phil got this one shot of me near the end of the hike (about 4 miles).

Some scenic shots along the trail.

More Scenery and Phil Inspecting a cut log.








Lots of chance to practice all angles and exposures. . .























But wait, there's more - mushrooms! I don't know why I'm so drawn to photograph them, but aren't they fascinating??? These were tiny.








This was fascinating - turned over by what??? (Maybe Phil, he was always just out of sight ahead of me, but never left me totally behind!).








Wouldn't I be annoying to hike with? oh, I need a picture of this - oh, I need a picture of that ......











Some of them I just hold my camera close and shoot - sometimes they come out great - like this one - these were growing on the side of a tree. Not too big - maybe an inch or two each.












This was so pretty, like orchids growing in the rainforest!




We had to cross this waterfall. I whined a lot because I didn't want to get my feet wet, but I finally did it. Phil fell in (up to his ankles) on the way out!


















Everything was wet and lush.





























This was a random shot taken out the car window as we drove away. I took about ten like this and this was the best.




On the way in, we were practically the only people on the trail, but on the way out, we encountered many families. Phil and Walker have hiked this recently (maybe on the other side of the river) but it has been many years for me. We had a little picnic in the car before heading home.
I took about 200 photos I think! These were my favorites.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful hike! I wish we would have taken more hikes like that when we lived there! The mushrooms are interesting for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What beautiful senery!! (can't spell that!!) Love you!
    Tirzah.

    ReplyDelete