Monday, November 22, 2010

More Snow! and a Black Friday Idea

I never expected it to keep snowing! It is only November 22! But it snowed all day, off and on (mostly on). I think we might have 3 inches. I called my office as "chicken little" and said I couldn't make it. AJ's play, that I was planning to go to, was cancelled because of snow...so, we had a real snow day. We went out for a walk. The roads actually weren't that bad, and it wasn't that cold, but by the time we were heading home, it got colder and the wind started blowing and we were huddling under our hoods hurrying back home to our nice fire!


The kitty liked staying inside and looking out at the snow.

So, I did some laundry and housework and then started thinking about fun projects! I sold all my journals at the bazaar, but I still had a couple of unfinished ones at home. I finished up this one for my personal use. Last year's journal is so full of wonderful memories. I want to do the same again. This time I'll decorate as I go more, rather than having a somewhat finished book to just insert pictures into. It will be much larger by December 25.

My Black Friday idea - is this: I plan to stay home all day! I will plan a crock-pot dinner. I will get up early, and spend the day getting organized for the holidays. Menu plans, dig out the recipes I need, make shopping lists (groceries and gifts), make gift tags (I always run out of time to do the cute ones I have in mind) and lots more things. It will all be organized into this book (below), which I just made today out of an ice cream bar box.

The inside is filled with scrap paper: maps, music paper, magazine pages, ledger pages, etc. I finished off the edges with fancy scissor cuts just for fun. This book was an experiment and I am satisfied with my first effort.

I will have to write my lists over the lines and decorations on the pages, or type up a list and glue it into the book.
Its still snowing but I can HEAR it so I think it might be freezing rain instead. Wednesday is supposed to warm up so thankfully, we won't have to worry about family traveling in the snow.
I am thankful we can stay home and enjoy a day like today.







2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's so amazing the snow you are getting! I suppose it will start to head our way now! HOpefully! It's hard to have fall decorations out when there's snow on the ground though, isn't it?

    I love your black Friday idea! I'm not going out either! But Mike is considering it, looks like he can go shopping and still get to work by 8! Most places are opening at midnight this year! CRAZY!

    Love your journals! My "studio" is all set up now too! I'll blog about it when the coast is clear! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest little book ever! Send some snow over here! :D

    ReplyDelete