The other pie we took to Phil's dad today. He shared it with us too, so we actually got half of each pie. He really enjoyed having a home made pie. We found out we can reserve a room at the facility where he lives and we are going to start planning family dinners there. These pies were about the last of our apples from our apple tree. There are a few left, suitable for applesauce.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
November 7, 2010 Two pies and pincushions
I made two pies this weekend! "Rustic Apple Pies". We love them, so it is hard to make them to give to someone else! We took one with us to Vicki and John's when we went there for dinner. We got to see Vicki's new kitchen with granite countertops and all new appliances...it was gorgeous. She cooked us a really really good dinner too - shrimp fettuccine. Yum! So, we did get half of that apple pie for dessert.
The other pie we took to Phil's dad today. He shared it with us too, so we actually got half of each pie. He really enjoyed having a home made pie. We found out we can reserve a room at the facility where he lives and we are going to start planning family dinners there. These pies were about the last of our apples from our apple tree. There are a few left, suitable for applesauce.
All weekend I've been making these "craft room pincushions" from little Goodwill picture frames I have been collecting over the last few months. They are meant to be used in a craft room, for those times you need a straight pin to unplug the glue tube or stick something down until it dries. I plan to sell them at a craft fair I hope to be involved in, and if that doesn't work out, or they don't sell, I will give them away for Christmas gifts. These are two of the 8 I have been working on this weekend. Notice the special pins, I made those too.
The other pie we took to Phil's dad today. He shared it with us too, so we actually got half of each pie. He really enjoyed having a home made pie. We found out we can reserve a room at the facility where he lives and we are going to start planning family dinners there. These pies were about the last of our apples from our apple tree. There are a few left, suitable for applesauce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those are really so pretty mom! I can't see why you wouldn't be able to sell the whole lot! If I had crafty friends I would gladly buy one to give as a gift!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got to see Wayne this weekend! :)
Thank you!
ReplyDelete