Sunday, November 28, 2010

My 400th Post!

I cannot believe that this is my 400th post! But computers don't lie! I started this blog as soon as we got back from dropping Walker at Michigan, September 2009. My granddaughter showed me how to do it when we visited them in Minnesota on our way back. I had lots of great photos from our road trip that I wanted to post, and I could see it might be a good way to keep in touch with the Minnesota family, with photos. I know I never would have written 400 letters!

***
The above three boxes are things my dad gave me at Thanksgiving. Their house is a treasure chest of amazing things they have picked up on their travels! The teeny tiny camera is about a half inch high and 3/4 inch tall! The rustic box in the middle has a surprise when you open it!

Surprise! a snake jumps out and bites your finger! hand hewn in Mexico! Tonight is the end of our nice long week (nine days!) of vacation! I can see retirement would be easy for me too!
***
I am working on the below project, with 14 other ladies. We each made 15 - two page spreads with an "easy dinner recipe". Then we exchange, and each of us ends up with a little artsy cookbook with 15 easy dinner recipes for the holidays! We exchange them on December 11th. This is my spread, almost done except for some glitter, snowflakes, and ribbons....
Side 1


Side 2 -
We talked to W tonight. He is back on campus now. He'll be home in less than three weeks. He had a very enjoyable Thanksgiving break with his friend Jacob, but now he has to hit the ground running to prepare for tests and essays coming up.
A nice surprise was the dorm had a Christmas Tree all set up when he got back.







2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's easy to blog isn't it? I'm so glad you are blogging! I LOVE IT!

    Your recipe project is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Nice job! I've got 331~ I'm catching up! :)

    ReplyDelete