Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve 2010

We finally ventured out on the roads today. They weren't bad once we got to Steamboat Island Road. But between our house and Steamboat Island was pretty scary. Phil drove though and nothing scares him. I plugged in my zune and listened to soothing music til we got off the compact snow and ice roads... I am very thankful for my cheerful hubby. He always brings in wood and keeps the nice fire going, with a smile on his face.

This is what the area looks like from HWY 101. Doesn't look too bad does it?

And this was the scary part -- the road to our house. We saw one big truck in a ditch on our way out.

And home at last.

I just have a few things to do tonight and tomorrow for Thanksgiving.
The whole family is busy and each making part of the dinner.
I am looking forward to it all.



1 comment:

  1. Did you have trouble getting up your driveway? All our neighbors have been having trouble! So glad we have a flat driveway and a son who LOVES to lay down salt!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete