Wednesday, March 10, 2010
March 10 - Cherry blossoms
These are cherry blossoms, I've heard on good authority. They are so pretty, but they are just for show and bear no fruit. Still, they can give a lot of pleasure in the cold winter-into-spring months. I was excited to learn that Daylight Savings Time goes off this coming weekend! Spring ahead!
I took these at my friend house, the Smiths. They have the cutest dog, Dash, a Pomeranian. He jumps up and has to get lots of love and petting from me whenever I visit. I say to him "Hello Vicious! Did you miss me?" Today we saw the milk truck pull up. Yes, I discovered that you can have milk delivered to your front porch, placed into a cooler, just like the old days! Dash carried on and barked and protected his household like it was an invasion from Mars!
The blossoms actually get quite pale when they open up. Its when they are buds that they look so pretty and pink. These are just beginning to bloom, as the plum blossoms are on their way out.
This is another page out of my art journal. At first I didn't like this page, but as I added more and more layers of stuff and sparkles and postage stamps I began to like it more and more.
And finally, this is a cute purse I bought at Goodwill. It was brand new, with a tag still on it and a silicon packet inside. I will probably put it aside until Fall now, but I really like the colors and the shape. Its tag says "Isabella's Journey".
WS News: W has been calling pretty regularly, because he has so much news to share! Tuesday night he called to say he won the "money" award at Mu Alpha. It isn't really money, but each week they choose someone who has done something outstanding and honor them by pointing out what they have done, and then making them wear a tie with money printed on it, a green top hat, and a jacket with tails that I think I remember he said was green and had fake money pinned all over it. It was a huge honor for a "proby" probationary member and it was for the "awesome flaming eagle" picture he designed to be imprinted on their annual Frisbees for their annual fund-raiser Frisbee tournament. He thinks that means he won, if they can fit it onto their Frisbee pattern. They also have an award at the other end of the scale, which I've forgotten the name for, but the winner has to wear sandbags around his neck for the rest of the meeting. The Choir is getting ready to sing the weekend after next, along with the Jackson Choir (a nearby town?). They are going to sing Requiem, and W has enjoyed it so much he plans to take Choir next year too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment