Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 17, 2010 (my 171st posting!)

I bought myself these daffodils in honor of St. Patrick's Day and Spring is almost here - Sunday I think. They are very cheery yellow and smell very fresh. I put them on my kitchen windowsill where I see them all the time. We had an honorary Irish dinner tonight - Sausages and Champ (mashed potatoes). Walker was jealous, but he had Corned Beef and Cabbage and Irish Stew and "green cake" for dinner himself.
With the Luck of the Irish today, when I attended class with AJ, he went off to play games with the other kids and I got to sit on a bench for over an hour soaking up the sunshine and reading a book I brought along with me. It wasn't really warm out, but sunny and no wind. The kids all got hot with running around but I felt perfect. I feel like I may have gotten a tiny sunburn! For lunch I went to BK (I confess a weakness...) and I had to take a photo of this! Funnel Cakes at BK! No, I didn't buy any, but it did remind me of a time when we went to a country fair in Pennsylvania, and had the real thing! They were amazingly good! Kind of like waffles, but lighter, or Rosettes, if you know what those are. I imagine these are not so good, but I do like their advertising...

and a quick stop by Goodwill before going to work and I found this super beautiful amazing cigar box! It is special, meant to hold three special cigars! It smells really good inside and would make a perfect special pen box. The ribbon is original and meant to make it easy to get the cigars out. . .
And these two little frames. I found directions for making picture frames into cute little pincushions that I want to try. So, this is the before photo.

I am planning to sign up for a choir class at the community college. I am very excited about singing with a big group of voices, and no audition is required. Anyway, today one of my friends e-mailed me wondering if I knew of any singing classes and, aha! I think she will go with me. That will be fun, starting in April, going into June.
...
Oh yes, W is planning to grow a goatee! He says he is one of two fellows he knows that doesn't have a goatee and he's going to try it! Hard to imagine, but it could be worse!




2 comments:

  1. Lol! I want to see a picture of Walker and his goatee! I actually think they look nice on light haired men...dark hair goatees are kind a creepy...no offense anyone reading this comment. :o) The frames are adorable and so is your new super special box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Goatee?? Wow... okay...
    Love you Grandma!

    Tirzah.

    ReplyDelete