Monday, March 29, 2010
March 29, 2010 A surprise in the mail!
I received these in the mail from my eldest granddaughter today! SO ADORABLE! And the funny thing is, I think my granddaughter received a package from ME today! And it was Irish too! I love these creative American Girl Doll scenes.
And how much fun was this?
Here I caught two different birds on the feeder. The one on the right is a House Finch, and we call the other one a chickadee, but we don't know for sure. Do you know what kind of bird that is?
This Easter scene is on my kitchen windowsill. Makes me happy to look at it while I'm doing things at the sink.
And this one. Carissa made the little house for me in 1995. Its hard to tell at this angle, but it is a blue teapot, that mice (or bunnies) have made into a cozy cottage. I think Carissa gave it to me the when I came to visit for a week when Josiah was born. As I look around, a majority of my Easter Decorations were either made by or given to me by Carissa! I believe Easter is her favorite holiday.
I have finally finished Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. It has been a long time since I've read a book that took so long and such determination to finish! I'm glad I did though. The book was a little different than the movie we watched. I think Jane Austin was disappointed in love, and that is why her stories all have happy endings. I have four books backed up waiting to be read! This picture is from the cover of my book. . .
It was a disappointing day today because the Tree Guy couldn't come out after all. He had an emergency tree-ectomy out at Panorama City to take care of. It was pretty wet so hopefully when they reschedule it will be a better day. We spoke to W (twice). He is loving living like a hermit and learning all kinds of new skills. He sounds very jolly when he calls so I am happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahh...I meant Northwest Birds...not midwest! I've moved too many times, I can never remember where I am! lol
ReplyDeleteHI Mom!
ReplyDeleteI think that little birdie is called a Junco. Sounds right. We used to have a poster that Jonah won at the Pt. Defiance zoo with all the midwest birds on it.
Those pictures of Jonathan are adorable aren't they?!
Love you! CB
Yup! Same day!! I'm glad you like them!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Tirzah.
P.S. Did I mention how much I just LOVE my journal???