Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 25 - April showers starting early . .

We were woken up by rain in the early morning hours, and a throbbing in my head that sometimes happens when the weather changes. We knew it was coming though. After work I tried to get some rainy day pictures without getting too wet myself. This is a macro shot of some little violets we have popping up all over. They are very tiny, about an inch across. I love them. If I keep them picked (not an easy job since they are so small, they keep blooming all summer. Phil's car - all wet.
I think these are Davidii - they will be opening up soon. They are the backbone of our front landscaping.
And my car all wet. Phil washed it for me about a week ago and it still looks pretty clean and shiny.

And a little house-finch at the bird feeder. We get lots of these through the summer. The males have red coloring on their heads, the females are plainer looking. We have had at least 4 hummingbirds come to our feeders regularly now too. Ruby throated, but each one colored a little differently. They sit still on a branch very often; zoom around chasing each other away, and then come back for more.

W is staying at the college for Spring Break. He and three other guys (at least) are staying in the dorm over break. They will have to scrounge for their own food but there is a Subway and other places like that in walking distance. He wants to catch up on his reading (and sleep) and Latin homework and I am encouraging him to start organizing for his final move-out on May 6.




No comments:

Post a Comment