Friday, June 11, 2010

Choir is finished. I have finally performed.
Black stockings
Black shoes
drink water
line up
quiet!
file in
dark corridor
lime light
smile!
It has probably been 35 years since I've had to stand in line, in a certain order, file onto risers, stand and perform before an audience! It was very strange!
...
I enjoyed being part of the choir family - and that is really what it was. The day students were more of a family and the night students were like visiting relatives from afar. It was interesting to see the young people interacting - squealing, touching, flirting...The adult singers were nervous and hoping to do their best - the young people already knew they were perfect! The confidence of youth was refreshing.

...
I met some really nice people in choir. One young woman I talked to had been in the adult choir for 8 years (3 semesters each year!). That's my goal! My voice was ok - I am learning to read music, I think I can improve a lot. That is my plan.
Maybe next year I'll invite my family to attend.





No comments:

Post a Comment