Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16, 2010

What to do with leftover vegetables?
We weren't so good with our veggies this week, and I have bunches of lettuce, some broccoli Rabe, and a few radishes left. Tomorrow is a whole new batch of greens. So, this morning I made a smoothie: leftover salad stuff (including some tomatoes and chopped radishes) half a banana, some water, and a handful of frozen blueberries. This photo doesn't really do it justice, it was a lovely purple color.
Quite delicious too.
But, I was hungry again an hour later! Phil and Walker pondering "the knife" project...

The markata handle, getting polished up.


And some test slicing!

chop chop! very sharp!
It's nearly done - just a little more sharpening and polishing.


I went to my last Choir session tonight too. We received a cd of our performance, listened to it and critiqued it a little, had a little potluck food frenzy. I said goodbye to my new friends Britney, Anne, Karla and others. Most plan to sing again in the Fall session.








2 comments:

  1. The smoothie looked great! You needed some toast on the side I think. :o) The knife is amazing! Be sure to tell W and P how impressed I am! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool knife! I love how the pictures show him cutting it! Awsome! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete