Saturday, June 5, 2010

What is Griots Garage?

I don't think anyone who follows my blog really knows what a Griots Garage is! Maybe I don't even know. All I know is Phil has been receiving catalogs from them for as long as I can remember. Now, they have opened a shop in Tacoma - and their reason for fame is they are for "perfectionists". Their shop/store is perfection! It is totally decorated in black and white and red. You will see many little details through these images. ( I heard a rumor they spent $4million) I took 5 x as many photos as you see here, and had so much fun doing it! This first photo is a little family shot in a hubcap (or do we call it a wheel cover?). They had lots of people bring in their "show" cars, so just walking around the parking lot was a fun treat!
I was having fun ordering Walker and Phil around --
"Now stand here - no, I just want your shadows!".


In their indoor showroom...


A Bentley?



The hood ornaments were a special favorite of mine.


A bunch of bright yellow cars...

And their entry, with the largest flag in the City...

A semi-buried half of a car, just for decoration and a conversation piece...


I had to get a picture of this girl's shoes! Everyone was watching her walk around - which is why she was wearing them I think! Lucky I hid her very short skirt!!!

Can you see me, Walker and Phil?


I got Walker to take a real photo of me, just for you Tirzah! This is some part of a car, notice the red shoe on the "feet" of the chair?


Even their restrooms were amazing! The stalls were labeled "Pit Stop 1" "Pit Stop 2" and so on!


Lots of people brought their dogs along!


and...

and...


We even ran into our friends, Jeff and Nathan there!

The weather was sunny and beautiful.
We really had a nice time.
We stopped for a fast-food lunch on the way home and then just relaxed the rest of the day.



















2 comments:

  1. That was fascinating! You got some really great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty cute picture of you! The shoe is kind of creepy though! Tee hee!
    Love YOU!
    Tirzah.

    ReplyDelete