Friday, June 4, 2010

June 4, 2010; A trip to Tacoma

A favorite activity of Retired Husband and I has been visiting bookstores! King's Books is a fun place to visit in Tacoma. As in many bookstores, they have bookstore cats! (to keep away the mice?). This bookstore has a nice black cat named Atticus. Short hair, long legs, black. Ever-so-friendly! They have the most interesting books there. We even saw quite a few Latin books (which piqued Walker's interest for next time). I found a couple of $1 books and Phil found a train book. This downtown area is interesting and picturesque...
Isn't this pretty? To the left is the bay.

And looking up!


Afterwards we went to Olive Garden (nearby somewhere) for lunch. That was really nice. I had soup and salad, Phil had chicken Caesar salad. Everything was very yummy. Just to keep going with the theme, we picked up a Papa Murphys pizza for dinner.
...
We had a nice day and are looking forward to a great weekend.

...

1 comment:

  1. I think you had Italy on your brain. I was hiking on the Cinque Terre trail on this day and had delicious, chewy, homemade (or so they claimed) pesto pasta.

    ReplyDelete