Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blue flowers and true-blue friends

We are having a lovely burst of summery weather here in Olympia. My Hydrangea's are in bloom. I love BLUE flowers! The Jasmine not only looks beautiful and fresh, but it smells that way too. I didn't think it would EVER bloom! But, finally!


I looked at my apple tree today - it is LOADED! I can't believe the bunches of half grown apples. That makes me very happy!


I got home early from work today, and wandered around the yard taking these photos. I was surprised to hear a car pulling up the driveway, and it was Phil's (and my) friend Jeff. Phil and Jeff has been friends since junior high. Jeff was the best man at our wedding and our companion on half of our dates! A true-blue friend.













1 comment:

  1. I, too, love blue flowers & they are hard to come by. Although it may say 'blue' on the label, almost always the posy turns out to be a shade of purple or lavender. My apple tree is loaded, too. Applesauce, apple pies, apple crisp, apple butter - coming soon!

    ReplyDelete