I finished my bean project last night.
Here are the fruits of my labors - 15 jars dilly beans.
One jar had the bottom fall out of it in the boiling water bath. It must have been fractured to start with. And, I bought a new tool - a jar lifter. Why have I not had one of these before? It was only $4 and made the job so much easier (and safer!).
I have to admit, I don't have the endurance I used to have for standing in the kitchen for hours at a time. I must bite off smaller pieces!
I do love to make the dilly beans, because my family all enjoys them. They are just a savory treat, to have once in a while; next to the olives on the buffet table for the holidays. Or with cheese and crackers when dinner is running late.
Now that I still have beans to be cooked and eaten or frozen, what would you do with them?
Tomorrow Tori is coming over and we are going to try making a jumbo cupcake! This should be interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment